Monday, December 20, 2010

Good news for Tucker!!!

I think we FINALLY found a medication that works for his chronic runny nose! He's been on Draxxin for a couple of months now and it seems to be working. I am so happy!! He seems to feel much better and his nose doesn't run at all anymore. He's been needing a shot about every 2 weeks...which is what the vet was expecting...but it's been 3 weeks since the last one and he's still ok. I am taking that as a good sign, as at the end of the 2 weeks before (to the day), it would start running again. I have an ongoing prescription, but hopefully I won't need it. This is an answer to prayer. My poor Tucker has been suffering with this problem for the last 4+ years and I was beginning to think there was no hope for him. Now if I could just find a cure for the chronic acne. I hate the way people look at him because of it.

UPDATE: It lasted about a week after I posted this and his nose started to run again. :o( Looks like this might be something he needs to be on for the rest of his life. I was SO hoping that wasn't going to be the case. The Draxxin works wonderful while he's on it, but only lasts so long. I hate ongoing medication...it can't be good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment